This 5-day ISO 9001:2015 quality management system auditor course provides the knowledge and skills needed to organize and lead a QMS; evaluate and report audit findings; evaluate corrective action effectiveness and carry out follow-up and routine audits.
This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of management systems against ISO 9001, in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011 for first and second party audits and requirements in ISO 17021 for third party audits.
This course is certificated by the IRCA Governing Board (Certification ref: 17898) and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA and IATCA Auditor Certification Schemes.
- Management system - what and why?
- What is an audit and why is it necessary?
- The process approach
- ISO 9001 purpose and requirements
- Plan an audit
- Conduct audit
- Audit reporting and follow up
Who Should Attend:
Anyone intending to perform audits of quality management system, particularly third party (certificated) auditors. Some companies require the successful competition of this course to perform first party and second party audits.
It is strongly recommended that the participants have a basic knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, and have performed QMS audits before they attend this course. An attendee should consider attending the ISO 9001 QMS Foundation & Internal Auditor course and completing some audits before attending.
NOTE TO PARTICIPANTS WHO INTEND TO TAKE THE EXAMINATION ONLINE (LiveOnline classes only):
- Examinees must be able to download examination documents using a link from a Google Drive.
- Examinees must be able to provide live-streamed video from a camera that can provide a view of the examinee and the examinee’s workstation where the examination is taking place.
- Examinees who cannot meet both of the above conditions will have 180 days from the end of the course to complete a proctored examination. In this case, additional arrangements must be agreed upon with your local DNV Business Assurance Training Unit. After 180 days, participants waive their claim to take the IRCA examination.
Before attending this course, you should possess knowledge of the following quality management principles and concepts:
- The plan, do, check, act (PDCA) cycle
- The relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
- Commonly used quality management terms and definitions and the 8 quality principles; as given in ISO 9000
- The process approach used in quality management
- The model of a process based quality management system, the structure and content of ISO 9001
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001
In Class: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. | LiveOnline: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST. Classes are delivered in 90 minute sessions, each with 30 minute breaks. Up to four (4) sessions per day.