This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second, and third party audits of management system against ISO 14001, in accordance with the guidance provided in ISO 19011 for first and second party audits and requirements in ISO 17021 for third party audits.
This course is certificated by the IRCA Governing Board (Certification ref: A17913) and satisfies the formal training requirements for individuals seeking registration under IRCA and IACA Auditor Certification Schemes.
- Management system - what and why?
- What is an audit and why is it necessary?
- The process approach
- ISO 14001 purpose and requirements
- Plan an audit
- Conduct an audit
- Reporting audit findings and follow up
Anyone intending to perform audits of environmental management systems, particularly third party (certificated) auditors. Some companies require the successful completion of this course to perform first and second party audits.
It is strongly recommended that the participants have thorough knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, and have performed EMS audits before they attend this course. An attendee should consider attending the ISO 14001:2015 EMS Foundation and Internal Auditor course before attending.
Before attending this course, you should know:
- Fundamental environmental management principles, concepts, terms and definitions
- The "Plan-Do-Check-Act" (PDCA) cycle
- The structure, content and requirements of ISO 14001:2015
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.