The ISO 37001 standard is timely and important. The true costs of bribery and its significant adverse impact on society are becoming more widely recognized. Organizations that have implemented anti-bribery/anti-corruption programs in response to legal requirements often feel as if their efforts are costly and inefficient. Other organizations want to take affirmative steps to manage bribery risk – but don’t know where to start.
This 1-day instructor-led classroom course introduces a comprehensive risk assessment designed to guide an organization towards implementation of appropriate anti-bribery processes and controls that are risk-based, reasonable and proportionate.
The course aids participants in addressing the following questions:
What is bribery – and how does it affect us?
- What is the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) – and what is its impact?
- What is the ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management Systems standard?
- Why was it created?
- How is the standard different from the FCPA?
- What are its benefits?
- How does ISO 37001 work?
- What is/are its structure, contents, principles and key concepts?
- How does an organization prepare for an ISO 37001 certification audit?
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Compliance Officers, General Counsels and other leaders interested in anti-bribery management
- Implementers seeking information on anti-bribery management systems processes
- Risk managers and people new to risk management
- Compliance professionals interested in ISO 37001 and how they can be integrated to other ISO standards
- CEOs and Board Members
Recommended follow-up courses:
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.