The ISO 37001 standard is timely and important. The true costs of bribery and its significant adverse impact on society are becoming more widely recognized. Organizations that have implemented anti-bribery/anti-corruption programs in response to legal requirements often feel as if their efforts are costly and inefficient. Other organizations want to take affirmative steps to manage bribery risk – but don’t know where to start.
This 1-day instructor-led classroom course introduces a comprehensive risk assessment designed to guide an organization towards implementation of appropriate anti-bribery processes and controls that are risk-based, reasonable and proportionate.
The course aids participants in addressing the following questions:
What is bribery – and how does it affect us?
- What is the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) – and what is its impact?
- What is the ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management Systems standard?
- Why was it created?
- How is the standard different from the FCPA?
- What are its benefits?
- How does ISO 37001 work?
- What is/are its structure, contents, principles and key concepts?
- How does an organization prepare for an ISO 37001 certification audit?
Who Should Attend:
- Chief Compliance Officers, General Counsels and other leaders interested in anti-bribery management
- Implementers seeking information on anti-bribery management systems processes
- Risk managers and people new to risk management
- Compliance professionals interested in ISO 37001 and how they can be integrated to other ISO standards
- CEOs and Board Members
Recommended follow-up courses: