To meet high demand, constrained budgets, and travel restrictions, DNV now offers this course in both in-class and live online environments. Take the course while at work or in your home office!
By attending this 1-day course participants will gain the fundamental understanding of the importance of a positive product safety culture at a site and the important role played by senior management leadership, understand the impact of attitudes and behavior on product safety culture and demonstrate preparatory steps in developing a Product Safety Culture Plan, including how to engage staff and encourage their involvement.
An Approach to Product Safety Culture is an industry-focused course, considering organizational culture, leadership, and behavioral concepts; inclusive of and generic to all BRCGS Global Standards, in addition to the global market for application to any manufacturing facility - regardless of business size or whether sites have a product scope of food or non-food related goods/ services.
To complete the course, participants will need to submit a product safety plan as a workplace assignment, meeting the assessment criteria with 75% as a passing grade.
Who Should Attend:
This course has no pre-requisites and is highly recommended for technical/quality/human resources personnel, operations managers, and senior leadership teams.
- Describe the concept of Product Safety Culture and why a positive culture is important to ensuring product safety and integrity
- Identify what the standards require, and the function of Product Safety Culture Plan within a QMS
- Recognize the link between behaviour, Product Safety Culture and how it underpins product safety assurance
- Discuss how to measure an organisation's Product Safety Culture through the use of tools and techniques
- Develop a sustainable Product Safety Culture action plan and how to engage staff to support it
LiveOnline: 9:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. CST.
- Classes are delivered in 90 minute segments with 30 minute breaks in between.
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 10 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 9 Days-24 hours prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
- Inside of 24 hours prior to the start of the course cancellation is non-refundable.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.