Duration: 2 days classroom (or LIVE virtual classroom solution)
The maritime industry today has defined itself in various ways from a regulatory view point and from a performance perspective. The array of subjects is ever increasing in terms of dictating how the ships of today will need to be managed cost effectively, safely and in line with environmental requirements. This means that the ship manager of today needs a very good understanding of all these matters to be able to make quick but sound decisions.
The benefits of this course also include gaining deeper insights into leadership and interpersonal relationship criteria, communication and people skills.
- Naming of ship structures
- How to achieve continual improvement in ship management techniques
- Importance of teamwork and establishing strong ship to shore communications
- Efficient utilization of crewing resources
- Budget formulation and management
- Importance of vessel maintenance and performance monitoring (Chartering requirements)
- Review of survey structure and maritime regulatory obligations
Upon completion of this course, the participants will have understood the many varied roles and responsibilities of a ship manager and have established a firm foundation of basic ship management skills upon which they can continue to build while on the job.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of this course.