“Digital transformation” or “digitalization” are popular marketing terms. Are you missing out on something? Are you worried that you make bad investments into wrong tech-bubble projects? Are you frustrated that you don’t understand the “digital new-age” jargon thrown at you, suspecting that the other doesn’t quite understand it himself? Then this is the course for you.
Don’t be blinded by science. We look behind the high and mighty terms and see the sober reality behind. The technology explained in simple terms, always with illustrative examples from the industry and direct experience.
We do not need to be in awe of the technologies, but we would be fools not to use the tools available now.
The participant will be able to critically assess:
- Capabilities & limits of A.I. technologies for maritime applications
- Capabilities & limits of Digital Twin technology
- Capabilities & limits of Virtual/Augmented Reality
- Capabilities & limits of autonomous ship technology
- Where the vision is far ahead of reality
- Where new labels are applied to old hats
- What is meant by buzzwords
- What is (financially) feasible now
- What to adopt and implement now
Who should attend
All office-based personnel working within the maritime and offshore industries
Dr. Ing. habil. Volker Bertram - DNV GL Senior Principal Specialist on Ship Energy Efficiency