Managing Risk in Your Hospital Proactively is built on lessons learned in other high risk industries. It is designed to educate Healthcare's Safety and Risk Management professionals in the art of effective risk assessment. The course curriculum includes activities that specifically address the "Risk" related requirements of new ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Standard and DNV's approach to hospital accreditation. Through lecture, exercises and group activities the participants will learn how to foster a "Patient Safety Culture" in their organization. All participants will learn and practice proactive risk assessment methodologies; focusing on SWIFT, HFMEA and Bow-Tie.
Who should attend:
Safety, quality, and risk management professionals. Senior clinicians, managers and others with risk/safety responsibilities.
- Understand the processes, techniques and activities that have proven effective for improving safety and managing risks
- Identify Risk Management principles addressed in ISO Risk Management Standard
- Develop an improved understanding of behavior management concepts and techniques
- Identify high risk processes within the hospital
- Identify the Data, Scorecards, flow charts, P&P's kept within your organization for Management, Monitoring and Measurement activities
- Apply fundamental concepts and principles to design, develop and implement effective Proactive Risk Management (PRM) systems
|Day 1: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Day 2: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|Day 3: 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
DNV is authorized to award 16.5, (sixteen and a half) hours of pre-approved ACHE Qualified Education credit (non-ACHE) for this program toward advancement, or re-certification in the American College of Healthcare Executives. Participants in this program wishing to have the continuing education hours applied toward ACHE Qualified Education credit should indicate their attendance when submitting an application to the American College of Healthcare Executives for advancement or re-certification.
DNV is also approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing to issue: 16.5 Contact Hours for this course. Provider Number CEP16626
Cancellation, Transfer, Substitution, and "No-Show" Policy:
- More than 30 days to the start date of the course, a registrant may:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a full refund, or
- Request to transfer to a different class at no charge.
- 15-29 days prior to the start date of the course:
- Request to cancel a registration and receive a 50% refund, or
- Request a transfer to a different class and remit a $100 fee to process a transfer.
Less than 15 days prior to the start date of the course (including no-shows on the day of the course), no refunds or transfers are provided.
Substitutions (another person replacing a particular registrant in a course) are permitted at any time without additional charge.
Should DNV GL cancel a schedule course, our liability to course registrants is limited to the amount of the course fee. The registrant would then have the option of a full refund or transfer to an alternative available course (transfer fee is waived in this situation). We recommend that registrants wait until the course date is less than 30 days out before making travel arrangements.