Duration: 3 days classroom (or LIVE virtual classroom solution)
Participants will also gain an appreciation for the role and importance of internal auditing programs within the maritime industry as related to Safety Management Systems
- Definitions and Objectives
- Safety Requirements
- Experience Feedback/ISM Implementation
- Internal Auditing Requirements
- Audit Procedure and Tools
- Audit Conduct and Techniques
- Typical Problem Areas
- PSC Detentions/Experience Feedback
- Questioning Techniques
- Communication Skills
Obtaining practical knowledge on how to conduct audits, including auditing practices, guidance, preparation, execution and follow-up.
This course includes a practical role play scenario that will allow participants to practice the skills learned in the course.