DNV is offering a 1-day training course to ensure compliance with Infection Prevention in Sterile Processing (including IUSS) for the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for Healthcare Organizations and the Conditions of Participation (CoP). This course can be utilized to prepare for the DNV Sterile Processing Program Certification or to identify opportunities for improvement in an existing sterile processing departments program. Objective strategies cover the implementation of a Quality Management System in the Sterile Processing departments of organizations. Included in this training are the requirements for Sterile Processing Certification and understanding on how organizations can effectively put the requirements into practice in their facilities. This course will address high risk processes including Immediate Use Steam Sterilization and Endoscope Reprocessing.
- Understand how to apply Quality Management standards to the Sterile Processing Department
- Understand the Sterile Processing Program Certification
- Review of the Requirements of Sterile Processing Program Certification
- Validate processes and environment for endoscopic reprocessing
- Validate processes and environment for Immediate Use Steam Sterilization
- Understand CMS guidelines in appropriate use and documentation of IUSS
Approved Education: DNV is also approved by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing to issue 7 contact hours for this course.