The Hip & Knee Replacement Program Certification (HKRPC) integrates requirements related to the CMS Conditions of Participation for hospitals (CoPs).
HKRPCs are designed to recognize excellence in orthopedic surgery within the scope of Hip and Knee Replacement and related procedures. The certification will mean that a hospital has demonstrated compliance with the DNV standard and adherence to guidelines of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
The intent of the HKRPC is to provide initial diagnostic services, surgical services and therapies related to Hip and Knee Replacement.
Benefits of Certification
DNV Advanced Hip & Knee Replacement Certification:
- Provides a framework that assists organizations in the development and implementation of systems and processes which improve operational effectiveness and enhance positive health outcomes
- Certification improves the Quality Management System by taking a broaderview on what drives success. Together we identify critical risks and relevant processes that impact long-term goals
- The DNV survey emphasizes results and creative thinking, not just following checklists
Certification Survey Components
The certification survey focuses on processes across the continuum of care that contribute to positive outcomes and support performance improvement:
- Coordinates with the Applicant Organization to schedule an annual announced survey
- Provides a specifically qualified DNV Surveyor to conduct the one day audit survey
- Provides the survey agenda and document request list in advance to assist with organization survey planning
- Incorporates program data review as part of audit activity on an annual basis
- Survey activity audits the hip & knee replacement program across the continuum of care