What are Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence Designations?
The Orthopedic & Spine Center of Excellence designations are obtained by achieving certification in at least three (3) orthopedic service line programs. The requirements set forth by DNV are based on the guidelines, recommendations and practices recognized by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Advanced Orthopedic Service Line
The DNV advanced orthopedic service line programs include Foot & Ankle Surgery Certification, Hip & Knee Replacement Certification, Shoulder Surgery Certification and Spine Surgery Certification.
Organizations have the option to combine three surveys into a 2.5 day Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence Designation survey. The certification survey focuses on processes across the continuum of care that contribute to positive outcomes and support performance improvement.
- An annual announced survey
- Qualified DNV surveyor conducts the survey
- Survey agenda and document request list provided in advance to assist with organizational planning
- No required data submission outside the Corrective Action Plan process as audit activity incorporates program data review annually
- Survey activity audits the three programs across the continuum of care
What makes DNV certification unique?
The integration of the ISO 9001 process approach with DNV certifications enable an organization to improve patient safety and quality by taking a broader view of what drives success. Certification will allow organizations to identify critical risks and relevant processes that impact long-term goals.