Further services in the field of underwater technology
Get in touch with the DNV GL office nearest to youSend inquiry to local office
DNV GL approved products, manufacturers and service suppliersApproval finder
Take advantage of DNV GL’s wide range of services to support all aspects of your underwater project.
Different phases and aspects of your project require different types of expertise. It is important to have a partner who can offer the right solution for a particular challenge at the right time.
The knowledge and experience of our experts in pressure and underwater technology covers all the relevant fields. They are your ideal partner whenever you need engineering support for your underwater project, provided that the project is not subject to Classification by DNV GL.
- Feasibility studies
- Pre-design and calculation reviews
- SIL verification (according to IEC 61508)
- Calculation and optimisation of pressure hulls or pressure vessels
- Verification of operation procedures (e.g. handling of equipment)
- Verification of quality management systems for underwater operations
- Certification of training for personnel of underwater operations
- Finite element analyses (FEA)
- Capability assessments of manufacturers
- Material selection
- Corrosion protection
- Risk analyses (e.g. FMEA, FMECA)
- Underwater welding (welding procedures and personnel qualification)
Your underwater project profits from our broad knowledge and outstanding expertise at every stage:
- Ideal support with valuable advice and helpful feedback
- Independent verification of your calculations, designs and assessments
- Up-to-date knowledge and the latest regulatory input