Gilberto Tuñón Cárdenas
Flag Liaison Officer
Get in touch with your local officeFind office details
We will provide you with proof of class declaration for your DNV-classed ship or MOU for any given time, whenever you need it.
Your DNV-classed ship requires an official document to certify its class status – whether you need to prove compliance with class requirements, want to sell your ship or lead negotiations with insurance companies.
We provide the official document to certify that your DNV-classed vessel is or has been in class and that it meets or met the class requirements at a given time or period of time.
The class declaration is normally a self-contained statement, but may include copies of survey reports and certificates.
We offer a series of standard class declarations:
- Sale declarations Insurance declarations
- Register declarations
- Oil major declarations
- Newbuilding declarations
- Unmanned machinery space (E0) declarations
- Segregated Ballast Tanks (SBT) declarations
- Age declarations
We also issue other types of declarations on request.
Reasons for requesting your DNV class declaration include:
- Confirm to a prospective buyer that the conditions stipulated in the contract have been met
- Confirm to a third party that your vessel is classed and that it meets the class requirements
- In cases of accidents, demonstrate to the insurance company that your vessel met the class requirements at the time of the damage
Contact us for your DNV class declaration:
- Profit from our hassle-free service
- Our quick response time ensures you have your class declaration when you need it
- Choose from various class declaration options to meet your needs
- Get a reliable, accurate class declaration for any given time
Request a Class Declaration from DNV Houston
DNV Terms and conditions
NOTE: If the sender of the request is someone other than the ship manager registered in DNV's records, written authorization from the manager should be enclosed. A request for a Declaration should normally be submitted at least two days in advance of the requested delivery date. In urgent cases, a Declaration may be delivered at shorter notice.