When: Thursday, 3 December 2020
Duration: 1.5 hour
Time: 10:00 - 11:30 AM (EST)
Digitalization isn’t just a buzzword. It has tangible benefits: it can be used to improve efficiency, increases safety, and unlock new potential.
In this complimentary webinar, you will hear about some of the ways DNV GL is using digitalization to support the industry in operating more safely and efficiently.
You will learn about:
- DNV GL's Veracity platform – a single point of digital access to DNV GL‘s class services
- Electronic certificates – a new standard for efficient compliance handling
- Smart Survey Booking – smart management of survey scheduling, optimizing survey time, scope, and cost for operating vessels
- Remote surveys – the most cost-effective way to operate a vessel when it comes to class cooperation
- DATE – direct access to technical experts
- Machinery Maintenance Connect ( MMC ) – our first services base on DATA received from the PMS system of the vessels
- Fleet Status - Insights – a new digital way to present data and statistics on your fleet and operations
The webinar will conclude with an open question and answer session.
- Darren Billard, Principal Surveyor, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Helpdesk Americas, DNV GL
- Captain Antonio Prestigiacomo, Key Account Manager / Academy Americas Manager, DNV GL
Darren Billard is an accomplished Principal Surveyor and Technical Support Engineer with more than 22 years of experience with DNV GL Maritime. During his career with the company, which has spanned several offices and countries, he has held various surveyor and engineering positioning and assumed managerial & training roles. Today, Darren is an integral part of the global DNV GL DATE (Direct Access to Technical Experts) service and based in Houston, Texas.
Captain Prestigiacomo is an accomplished master mariner with 25+ years of demonstrated leadership experience obtained across the maritime industry. Well-rounded seagoing expertise encompasses passenger vessels, including cruise line ships, large crude oil carriers, ro-ro vessels, and chemical tankers. Forward-thinking professional with the hands-on knowledge required to lead vessel operations see while creating opportunities to further align with the bigger picture. Highly skilled in building and leading successful teams that meet the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. Offers a proven ability to innovate and deliver results in the most cost-effective and transformative manner. Today, he is the Key Account Manager for the Cruise and yacht segments within the DNV GL Miami Cruise Center, from where he is leading also the Americas Maritime Academy.