During this seminar you will gain insight and knowledge about our standard, ST-0111 - Assessment of Station Keeping Capability of Dynamic Positioning Vessels, and how the standard is used. You will learn about our DP Capability web-app tools and how you can use it to calculate your vessels DP capability.
An array of topics including understanding charter requirements, experience from dynamic DP Capability studies on drilling, shuttle tankers, SOV vessels and more will be discussed.
- Understanding the requirements of the standard and how to apply different methods (including DNV Class requirements)
- Understanding the methodologies in the standard
- Getting results with the web-app
- Compare the standard with other available methods
- Discussion on future development (both web-app and standard)
- Feedback and discussion with seminar participants
- The principles behind the standard and the methodology provided for calculating. Description of the vessel DP capability calculations from the three different levels: DP Capability Level 1, 2 and 3 (and site versions)
- Difference between the new standard and other available standards and specifications (ERN*, IMCA M140, API 2SK)
- Feedback from industry and experience from practical use on different sectors: Offshore wind, drilling, shuttle tankers.
- Presentation of the DP Capability Level 1 and Level 2 (and 2-site) web-app
• Examples of a calculations of Level 2 and Level 2-site including how to obtain IMCA M140 DP Capability plots
• Tips and tricks
• On-going and future development
- Demonstration of the Level 3-Site web-app
Who should attend?
The attendance of this seminar is free. This topic and the focus of the seminar is relevant for designers, yards, vessel owners, energy companies, consultants, and regulatory bodies, and individuals interested in new and developing DP technologies.
WHEN: December 7, 2022
TIME: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (8:30 am Arrival & Registration) - Includes light Breakfast & Lunch.
VENUE: DNV, 1400 Ravello Drive Katy, Texas 77449 (Directions)