DNV is the only accreditor of US hospitals integrating ISO 9001 Quality Management System compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation. The NIAHO® (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations) accreditation platform helps your organization continuously improve healthcare quality and facilitate a more effective and efficient multi-disciplinary approach to patient centered care.
Benefits of Certification
Certification validates that the healthcare organization’s Heart Failure Program and staff:
- Has demonstrated experience, knowledge, and skills in the complex specialty of heart failure care
- Has a process for managing and mitigating clinical and safety related risk
The Heart Failure Certification Requirements provide a framework that assists organizations in the development and implementation of systems and processes which improve operational effectiveness and enhance positive health outcomes.
The Heart Failure Certification Survey focuses on processes across the continuum of care that drive positive outcomes of care and performance improvement.
DNV Healthcare’s Heart Failure Certification Survey process audits a healthcare organization’s Heart Failure Program in the following areas:
- Quality Management System
- Program Management
- Staffing Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Heart Failure Program Service Delivery
- Evaluation of the multidisciplinary approach reaching from pre-hospital care through discharge planning
Survey System Components
- Coordinates with the Applicant Organization to schedule an annual announced survey
- Provides a specifically qualified DNV NIAHO® Surveyor to conduct the one day audit survey
- Provides the survey agenda and document request list in advance to assist with organization survey planning
- Audit activity incorporates program data review on an annual basis
- Survey activity audits the Heart Failure Program across the continuum of care
- Provides access to the client drop box to respond to questions or obtain additional information
- Certification provides patients and their families with validation that the team caring for them has demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills in the complex specialty of heart failure care