DNV Healthcare is the only accreditor of US hospitals that integrates ISO 9001 Quality Management System compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation. The NIAHO® (National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations) accreditation platform helps your organization continuously improve healthcare quality and facilitate a more effective and efficient multi-disciplinary approach to patient centered care.
Building on the success of our hospital accreditation program, DNV Healthcare now offers Palliative Care Program Certification. The Palliative Care Program Certification is designed to recognize excellence in inpatient Palliative Care treatment. The DNV Healthcare Palliative Care Program Certification (PCPC) requirements integrate the National Consensus Project Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care, 3rd edition, as well as the CMS Conditions of Participation (CoPs) for hospitals.
Palliative Care Program certification recognizes excellence in inpatient Palliative Care treatment and care delivery. The DNV Healthcare Palliative Care Program Certification Requirements provide a framework that assists organizations in the development and implementation of processes and systems which improve operational effectiveness and enhance positive health outcomes to improve the palliative care patient’s quality of life.
Benefits of CertificationDNV Healthcare Palliative Care Program Certification:
- Validates organization compliance with accepted standards of palliative care practice
- Validates that the organization has a systematic approach to continuous quality improvement in the delivery of palliative care
- Certification provides patients and their families with validation that the team caring for them has demonstrated experience, knowledge and skills in the complex specialty of palliative care
Palliative Care Program Certification Survey process auditsDNV Healthcare's Palliative Care Program Certification Survey process audits a healthcare organization's Palliative Care Program in the following areas:
- Quality Management System
- Program Management
- Case Management
- Staffing Management
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Palliative Care Program Service Delivery encompassing the multidisciplinary approach of all associated service lines
Survey ComponentsDNV Healthcare:
- Coordinates with the Applicant Organization to schedule an annual announced survey
- Provides a specifically qualified DNV NIAHO® Surveyor to conduct the one day audit survey
- Provides the survey agenda and document request list in advance to assist with organization survey planning
- Incorporates program data review as part of audit activity on an annual basis
- Provides access to the client drop box to respond to questions or obtain additional information