Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
The course can be taken as standalone or part of the 2-day course.
Value for attending
Gain theoretical knowledge and some practical experience with ultimate and buckling strength methodologies commonly used for offshore floating structural design.
Buckling lectures will cover an introduction to the following design codes:
- Unstiffened and stiffened plated structures (DNVGL-RP-C201)
- PULS (Panel Ultimate Limit State) code
- Unstiffened an stiffened shells (RP-C202)
Fatigue lectures will cover:
- Basics of fatigue, including failure modes, common crack examples
- Fatigue analysis approach with tabulated SCFs, FE based hot-spot methodology, deterministic and stochastic analyses
- Hands-on practice reflecting the above subjects will be provided as time permits.
Key Seminar Material / Slides issued for reference
Grzegorz Malinowski, Principal Engineer, Hull and Structures, DNV
Piotr Szalewski, Principal Engineer - Hull and Structures, DNV