- Passed CHOP (B) Certification Exam
- 40 hours of CE every 3 years to maintain CHOP-A Certification
- Understanding the types, function and purpose of the critical operating equipment within the hospital (Fire Alarm Systems, Boilers, Chillers, Cooling Towers, etc.)
- Basics of heating and refrigeration (understanding the components of HVAC including PIU’s, RTU’s & VAV’s)
- Healthcare construction and how to manage the environment during construction
- The importance of infection control risk assessments and how/when to complete them
- The importance of Alternative Life Safety Measures and how to properly complete them
- Understanding the requirements surrounding medical gas systems and the importance of properly testing and maintaining these systems
- Understanding the requirements surrounding Hyperbaric Chambers
- Recognizing common mistakes in the Physical Environment
- Understanding where regulations come from and how to understand what regulations pertain to the Physical Environment
- All participants must have access to a computer with internet connection to complete the CHOP exam. Participants must pass the exam with a minimum score of 80%. Upon completion of the test, the professional will receive immediate feedback on the passing or failing of the exam.
- If the exam is passed, a certificate will be electronically sent for their record with the DNV watermark, the amount of contact hours granted, and a description describing the meaning/purpose of the certification.
- If the exam is not passed, the applicant may pay a fee and re-apply to sit for the exam, no sooner than 30 days from the last attempt.
The CHOP (A) certification will be valid for a 3-year period. At the end of this period, there will be the option to renew the certification with a fee and submission of 40 continuing education or to re-sit for the exam. Recertification information can be found on the CHOP Introduction page.
CHOP A (Advanced) Retake Exam:
A retake exam is available to any participant who has completed the 3 Day CHOP-A classroom course. Application and Resume must be submitted fourteen (14) days prior to exam start date. An Exam link will be emailed to each registered participant at 7:00 AM on the date of the exam.
Upcoming Exam Date: TBD
Exam Fee: $199/per