Accreditation and certification are first about improving patient care.
Hospitals that choose DNV are challenged to think beyond the status quo. We encourage our customers to meet standards and requirements in ways that create the best outcomes for their patients and staff. Our surveyors use an innovative approach focused on education, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
Approval of our NIAHO® Acute Care Accreditation by CMS in 2008 created a choice for hospitals that historically had no choice.
DNV recognized the value a true choice in accreditation would provide hospitals. Since the beginning, we have been committed to providing a collaborative accreditation option, focused on patient outcomes and continuous improvement. To date, more than 650 hospitals have been accredited by DNV.
DNV customers receive more than accreditation and certification, they become part of a collaborative relationship.
Patient care is a hospital’s primary consideration, it is ours as well. Education and continuous improvement are at the core of everything we do. Our customers experience this through:
- Access to standards and requirements free of charge
- NIAHO® standards which align closely to the Conditions of participation (CoPs)
- Annual survey process which fosters transparency and a mentality of consistent survey readiness
- Transparent survey process with no surprises in the final report
- Surveyors who are dedicated to educating staff as part of the survey
- Collaborative corrective action process
- Incorporation of the ISO 9001 quality management principles
- Extensive portfolio of training courses
Reaching your goal can be a struggle when you feel bogged down by the accreditation or certification process. That's why we provide programs that focus on how patient care is impacted - and on doing what makes sense for your organization.
Your accreditation and certification process should work with you, not against you. The DNV approach is designed to do this by being -